Thursday, August 7, 2008

Campa Update

I didn't mean to leave you hanging in regards to my grandpa's leg bi-pass surgery. I previously asked for prayer last Friday when we thought he was going to be squeezed into the doctor's surgery schedule. However, that was not able to happen until Tuesday of this week. The surgery lasted over 6 hours and about 4 hours in to it he started to have congestive heart failure. The doctor's were successfully able to complete the surgery and do the best they could on his one leg. The following 24 hours were very critical as the fluid around Campa's heart was not leaving. I talked with my mom yesterday and she said the fluid has since left and he was alert and seeming to be doing well. He is still in ICU and will be in the hospital for maybe a week. Pray for parents as they seek God's wisdom and direction in the next and appropriate step for Campa's future care. Thank you for your prayers! They are so appreciated!

No comments: