Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweet Aroma=Sweet Memories

While on a morning date with Jonathan we stopped in several stores in Caselle.  First of all you know you are on a date, when that includes perusing a yarn store, candle store and florist shop with the hubs!  The owners of the florist shop attend Jonathan's English class and as we were walking past we decided to just stop in and say "hi."  I have to tell you it has been a long time since the smell of something brought out such deep emotion.  The owners gave us a tour of their work area and cooler room and immediately I was taken back to my days of working for my dad on the farm packing flowers.  It delighted my heart to be there at that moment.  Such familiarity and appreciation for what they do.  I told the owner how much it made me think of my dad and grandpa all the while fighting back unexpected emotion and tears.  It took me by surprise.  It is amazing what a scent can do to congure up memories!  As we were walking out of the store Enzio gave me this beautiful rose.  A simple thing that made me smile today (apart from spending some great quality time together with my love).

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you experienced an emotional time, Noella. Lots of good memories, to look back on. What a beautiful rose! It looks like the "Double Delight" variety. What an appropriate name for the occasion! You're so sweet, Noella, and so transparent with your emotions. It blessed us all to read, and dad especially. :) So thankful for the time you and Jon had to share.....
Love you,
mom

Mom and Dad Kleis said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. It is amazing how God uses simple things to remind us of precious memories. So glad you had another "date time" together- you both deserve it! Love you lots,

Mom and Dad Kleis