Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Luca's 6th Birthday

Luca turned six years old last week on March 29th!  Seriously?!  I think I am still in shock that my "baby" is such a big boy.  He is definitely still Mamma's boy--no doubt about that.  For all the 100% boy in him, there is this tenderness especially for his Mamma.  He loves to cuddle, picking me flowers, being a little helper, giving me kisses and just in general likes to hang out with Mamma.  I'll take as much as I can get for as long as it lasts!

Luca had a daily countdown to his birthday since March 1st.  And he made sure everyone knew.  He is super good with numbers loves math!  He even at one point was counting down the days until I would start to make his cake.

 T-1: Helping with the cake instead of rest time was A-OK by Luca


I was expecting one out of control boy for his birthday, but actually he was rather pensive and quieter than I expected.  Don't get me wrong, he loved his day...it was just greeted with a bit of timidity with all the attention.  He wanted to eat his cake first thing when he woke up because he was sure that he could not be six until then.  Funny boy, but he was serious in thinking that was the magical moment of age change. 


 I'm SIX!


Luca celebrated with his friends at school along with another classmate who shares the same birthday.  He actually ate the cake we bought this year, so yeah for trying something new.  For lunch we took him out to eat at Old Wild West and then to a movie.  Then it was home for presents, cake and birthday dinner.


A special gift from Uganda - thank you Papa!

Star Wars was the theme and #1 request for this young Jedi


Need help with Star Wars trivia, just ask our boys

Star Wars Venator Attack Cruiser



Not many options to choose from Luca's approval list for a birthday dinner, but pancakes and strawberries it was.


2 comments:

Munga and Gramma said...

What a special birthday, Luca! We love you and are so proud of the big boy you are becoming. Another stellar cake from Mamma! We are so glad you're six now!

Love,
Munga and Gramma

Pastor D said...

Happy Birthday, Luca!