Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!

Just had to write to say that for the first time today Emma went to school without a single complaint! As we approached her school Luca started to say "No school, Emma? No school?" I cringed when I heard him say that and to our shock she told Luca "Yes, school, Luca." She then proceeded to unbuckle herself and get out of the car saying "I'm going to school today and I'm not going to cry. I'm going to find my class and walk in." I nearly cried with excitement to hear her say that. True to her word, she did all of the above without any hesitation.

It was truly a God thing! Yesterday she declared that the Bible said she didn't have to go to school. We said if she could find where it said that then she could stay home. I think she opened up to Joshua somewhere, but we were not convinced. While at school I wrote out some verses on cards for her that were of course stamped all over with frogs. Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous...for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." and Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

She was very excited about the cards and the first thing she asked when she came home today was "do you still have my cards?" We continue to pray that God's word would penetrate her heart and help her in her fears. Hoping too this is the turning point we have been praying for in this process of adjustments for her in regards to school.

1 comment:

Munga and Gramma said...

Praise our Great God for how he comforts the hearts of all his children, even the smallest! What a wonderful job of encouraging Emma's little heart with His words, Mama and Dada. We love you all and pray for you every day. He is faithful to answer our prayers!