Monday, September 20, 2010

Answers

Dearest loved ones...so many of you have written or called to tell us that you are praying for our children in their adjustments to school.  We are deeply grateful for remembering them in your prayers.  Isn't it awesome to know that our God hears our prayers and answers?!  We are so thankful for the teaching moments this past week has given us with each of our children.  We have seen their compassion and concern for each other grow as they pray for one another.  Such tender and sweet prayers offered before the throne of grace that bring tears to my eyes even now as I replay them in my mind.

Yesterday I gave Emma a very important task of trying not to complain about going to school when she wakes up in the morning.  I explained how that creates more anxiety in Luca's heart about going to school and how much Luca looks up to her as a big sister.  She sweetly promised she would not complain and that she would pray for Luca.  This morning she stood firm to her promise and was greatly praised for being a good example.  I was so proud of her!

Luca's complaints came regardless this morning.  As we kept insisting that he needed to go to school he then started to insist back that "Mamma, you stay with me."  Instead of pulling Luca into his class today, he pushed me from behind in to the classroom.  I took some time with him to get him to play with toys, color a picture etc. but each time I stood to leave he ran after me.  I finally called my back-up, Jonathan, and stepped out of the class.  Jonathan talked and prayed with him and then after a few minutes Luca turned to him and said "Dadda, I'm going to be a big boy."  At that point Jonathan was able to leave the room.  When we picked Luca up the teacher was all smiles saying it was a WONDERFUL day!  No tears, no outbursts, obedience and cooperation filled Luca's morning.  Praise God!

Thank you so much for praying...and continuing to do so.  We pray this will soon become a consistent pattern for him.

3 comments:

Rachel Owens said...

Hurray! Praise the Lord. Will keep praying it will be a good week and each child can enjoy the opportunities he/she has to go to school. Will also pray you will both know how to best shepherd their hearts.

Munga and Gramma said...

Our precious family,
Dad and I have been praying fervently for our special little ones (and their parents) during these days of new beginnings. What a special answer to our prayers! We will continue to pray that God will work in their hearts as only he can, and that he will give Mama and Dada wisdom and patience. We love you all so much!

teamfish said...

So great! We love you and will continue to pray! Miss you!