Monday, May 2, 2011

Friends for Life

So all you Cedarville College gradudates will remember the whole marketing slogan that if you come to the 'ville you will make "Friends for Life".  Apart from meeting my husband who is my friend and partner for life, I did make friends who have stood the test of time and whom I consider true friends for life.  Granted our paths cross minimally because of our geographic locations, but I am so thankful for the encouragement and support they continue to be in my life.  They are the kind of friends that even though we go years without seeing each other, we can still pick up where we left off when those precious times do come.  That is the amazing thing about being sisters in Christ who keep Christ the center.


Sarah, Tara, Noella & Jodi - April 2008
Last week I received this gorgeous family tree necklace from Sarah.  A gift that brought tears to my eyes.


She sent it to be a reminder as I pray for my family and model Biblical family to those around me.  She also did so to support her brother in their pursuit of growing their family by adoption.  I love how missionally minded these dear friends are!  I am humbled and honored to have such godly friends.  It just makes me long for a closer connection and the desire to have the daily connection with those who have the same goals, heart desires and passions as I know it would sharpen and challenge me.  We really need to figure out a way to do that on a more regular basis girls!!  Love you my dear faithful friends for life!!

2 comments:

JLT AND FAMILY said...

I am so blessed to call you friend. Thank you! Seeing that pic makes me want to start planning a mini reunion:)


I, too, was a bit teary eyed when I opened my gift in the mail from Sarah.

Noella said...

summer 2012...let's do it!!