Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kitchen Fun

Baking and cooking with kids is always an adventure...lots of fun...and a whole lot of mess!  I don't always have the patience like I should to involve them, for my space is limited and barely allows ME enough room to move around myself.  If you have ever been in my kitchen you know what I mean.  But when the kids can use the kitchen table for baking projects I let them have it.

Luca might just scare that tortilla into rolling into a perfect circle!
Helping make tortillas per Jonathan's Father Day request.  Round or not, he loved them!
The kids helped make lots and lots of sugar cookie stars for the ESL party.  Plain sprinkles are much easier than frosting.
Lots of food for the party...just image another pineapple cake and...
...2 trays of pasticcini to the table (brought by some students)
Fruit Pizza that is pretty much my new summer favorite dessert.  Green, White and Red for Italy and Red, White and Blue for America (yes, that was intentional)
Splurging on berries.  125g (32 raspberries to be exact...and yes, I counted!) for 1.48 euros.  And that is a great price!  Usually the same amount costs more than 3 euros!  Does anyone want to send me a blueberry bush??  Two of my favorite berries that I only get to indulge in when stateside.
My work space and mess.  I have a single basin sink so washing dishes is a pain.  It's the cost of having a dishwasher so I shouldn't complain too much. 

2 comments:

JLT AND FAMILY said...

Noles,
My mouth is watering. We have been eating outside with the weather turning sunny again and there is nothing that lovely on our picnic tray. I am going to use your fruit idea for a family gathering coming up. Looks great. Can I bother you for your fruit pizza recipe? I haven't made mine in years and would like to compare. I still have not made the tortillas. Maybe intimidated. But I did buy a cast iron skillet on sale at Christmas, so I do have that to my advantage. Thanks.

teamfish said...

Wow. UH-mazing! I won't show anyone your fruit pizza pic before I make it for our July 4th party. Mine will be a hodge podge of bananas, plums, peaches, and whatever else I can find - unfortunately no berries!

Even though our list is long for things to make/bake when we're there, you'll have an extra set of hands to wash all those dishes! It'll be worth it, even if we're sweating the entire time. :)

(I had a local friend help me host the other day and we were both baking in our kitchen the entire time. She told me I needed to get an a/c installed in my kitchen...and she's frugal!)