Friday, May 17, 2013

Little Artist

One of the great blessings of being a parent is watching how the Lord has uniquely gifted your children.  Each are unique in character, strengths and talents.  Emma, being the middle child and only girl has always gravitated to what her brothers do.  She does not like dolls, never has.  On the other hand, give her a stuffed animal and she is golden.  We lost track long ago of the number of animals that compete for her bed each night.  She loves animals and wants to be a veterinarian one day.  





When Emma is not holding Mac, she is usually coloring or drawing.  Together we will find a picture on the internet that she wants to copy and then she insists that I draw it for her.  The occasions where I have done that I wonder what the point is because she will erase nearly my whole picture and make it all her own.  Clearly mamma's drawings are no longer the best.  Yesterday she used a "How to" drawing book to draw these two dogs.  Needless to say, I was quite impressed.



I really wish there was some drawing class she could take, but so far I have found none.  For now, I suppose she is doing just fine being self-taught.  Stuffed animal creating is another area of design she loves.  These little sock characters were designed and created by her using felt and a glue gun.  (*Note to Gramma that she needs more peach felt when you come)  We love seeing her expression of creativity and it is our joy to encourage her in her development of this God given gift of artistry.

2 comments:

Munga and Gramma said...

What wonderfully gifted children! We love you so much and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Munga and I have our list of things to bring, including more felt for Emma. Praying for you every day.

Love,
Gramma

Anonymous said...

Dear Emma,

Each one is a treasure! I love your God-given talent!
Love,
Nano xoxo!