Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stitched Up

It was within the first 24 hours of our feet touching down on American soil that we had to make a run to urgent care. I was just lamenting to Jonathan over my third coffee of the day that I didn't know if I could push through the jet lag to stay awake till bedtime. Then we saw Luca take a little tumble out front on his bike. He didn't get back on and walked his bike to the edge of the lawn whilst having a horrible grimace on his face. I went outside and saw blood running down his foot. I ran inside to get a towel and when I started to clean his foot I just stopped and covered the wound only getting a brief enough glimpse to know it was bad. I didn't really have the guts to look again so called Munga and Jonathan who immediately confirmed he required medical care. No more need for coffee--I was fully awake now!

Off we went, hitting every red light in town (of course) while I tried to keep Luca from drifting in and out of consciousness. He is one tough kid, so we knew he was hurting pretty bad.

We were greeted by Gramma upon arrival as she just so happens to work in the same building as the urgent care. She had already scoped out the wait for us and always provides a level of comfort and peace for both grandchild and parent in these situations. Surprisingly she has physically been there more often than not in our emergency situations.

Thankfully there was no wait and Luca received immediate care. The end result was 1 internal stitch and 4 external. He was super brave and actually is proud to now share childhood stitch stories with Mamma.

Samuel and Emma were quite concerned and glad to have Luca return home. Thankful for God's watch care over Luca.


No comments: