Saturday, April 30, 2016

Acquario di Genova

Hey everyone! This is Emma guest posting! Right now I will be taking time sharing with you about my field trip to the Acquario di Genova, I went with my class and the other two 6th grade classes in my school. The trip took place on Friday, 29th April. I just couldn't wait to return to this awesome aquarium for the second time.

The drive was about 3 hours and the whole time I was just chatting with my friends that I was sitting next to. The bus was really cool and it had two floors and since I get car sick all the time, I sat on the second floor in the very front. It felt like I was driving!!

Crossing over the Ligurian mountains
Vercelli's rice fields
Anyways, about the aquarium. The trip was meant for us to learn more English because the tour was in English. Actually, I was quite impressed on how well they spoke! What I didn't enjoy about the tour guide is that she was rushing the tour and said we couldn't take pictures because she had to explain (sigh).

But, you know what I did? I just went on and took pictures anyway, because even though our professors said we would see the aquarium again in the afternoon, I just knew that we wouldn't have had time to revisit it again (And in the end, we never revisited the whole aquarium again!!!) So, please don't be surprised if I took only a few pictures.

The explanations of the tour guides were superficial, but interesting. What kept distracting me was that most of my classmates were asking me: "What did she say? Could you translate that for me?" It gets really annoying after awhile, but I just kindly kept translating what the tour guide was saying. 
Then around 2 we ate lunch and after that I was playing with my friends and enjoying the sea breeze and seagulls singing (because we ate "on the roof" of the aquarium, which I call "oversized balcony" and it was by the port).

Then we went gift shopping. I got a really resistant bookmark with dolphins on it and two postcards with a seal and two dolphins. Everything in the shop was SUPER expensive!!! Example: you usually buy postcards for 50 cents, but the ones in the souvenir shop costed 1 euro and 20 cents. Crazy huh?!

I just can't BELIEVE I haven't said anything about a single animal!! And you all know I'm an extreme animal lover! So, about the animals (I will post pictures don't worry). We saw animals like manatees (they were so cute and fat), seals, LOTS of fish (big and ugly, and small and cute), snakes, frogs, crocodiles, sea turtles, eels, dolphins, sharks and so much more! My favourites were the dolphins and touching rays (don't worry, they were not sting rays). 

I'm DEEPLY sorry that I've just been talking. Hopefully I didn't make you bored, but up up and away,  here come the pictures!!!



The most adorable dolphins ever

Sea horses
My favourite fish of the aquarium

Jellyfish
I call these "Glass hugging jellyfish"
Of course, we all know Nemo...
... and Dori
Catfish
Fat manatees!
Sharks
Sleeping seal


Poisonous fish 
Sea turtle

Ugly huh?!
Same goes for this one
Snakes... my mom's favourite ;)

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I never knew that seahorses were so big! - and I love your manatee as well, they remind me of the Dugongs which live in Moreton Bay in Queensland, Australia, where I live.
I really enjoyed your description of the Class trip! - you and your brother both write so well, I will certainly look forward to the next Guest Post in Time to come!

Stephanie said...

What a great guest post! I enjoyed your descriptions and the wonderful pictures!

Gramma Kleis said...

I didn't have a chance to read your blog post until today. What a wonderful job! Your pictures and descriptions were great! Thanks so much for sharing. Love you!

Gramma for Munga and Gramma

teamfish said...

So fun, Emma! Thanks for posting! We just watched Finding Nemo with Zoe, so she'll be excited to see these pics you took. We love you! -- Aunt Meesh