Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Diego Miguel Morel

Welcome to the world...little nephew!

Diego Miguel was born on Monday, May 12 in the Dominican Republic. He weighed 7 lbs. and was 19 inches. We praise the Lord for his protective hand over Jennie and the baby. At her check-up on Monday she was told that the sack was dry and the doctor wanted to confirm that with an ultrasound. Upon having the ultrasound they also saw the cord wrapped around the baby's neck. Therefore, Jennie delivered the baby via c-section on Monday night. Everyone is doing well and we are anxious to get some pictures for you all to see. I am told that Miguel's ribs are feeling better so thank you for your prayers for him. My mom said the day of the delivery it was 94 degrees with 89% humidity. I can't even imagine life with no AC!

Just in case you may think I am a slacker of an Aunt by not letting you all know sooner. I have been layed up in bed since Sunday night with the flu. I was unable to keep fluids and food down for 2 1/2 days and I reached my breaking point last night. Just walking to the bathroom was a difficulty. I went in the ER because of dehydration and felt much better after a couple liters of fluids and anti-nausea meds. I am still very weak today but hope that I am on the up-swing.

Jonathan has an EMG on Monday morning to test his peripheral nerves. Samuel is currently at his follow-up appointment for his pheumonia so hopefully good news on that front as well. Okay, I need to get back down for a rest. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: