Friday, April 10, 2009

Dallas Wedding

I made it back safe and sound from Dallas on Monday afternoon. Since then we have been busy with meetings, class, time readjustment and the kids are now on Easter break so there is no down time whatsoever. It was a wonderful and unexpected blessing to be able to attend my brother's wedding. It was a very short trip, but also extremely long in a sense. I have not traveled alone since before we were married nearly 9 years ago, so it was a very strange feeling on the 15 hours of traveling alone each way. Also, I almost didn't know what do with myself without needing to keep a watchful eye out for the kids. Thankfully, my nephews and niece gave me an outlet to "mother" someone.

I arrive Wednesday afternoon and was able to spend a brief time with the happy couple before completely crashing. Then my sister, Jennie and her husband arrived along with Diego around midnight. We were able to have a tranquil day on Thursday, had lunch with Cody & Michelle and did some shopping before the rest of the family arrived after a flight delay later that evening. I roomed with Jennie and Miguel and it was so great to have the extra time together as our paths don't cross very often with them living in the Dominican Republic and us in Italy. Such precious times together and I truly miss my sister!

Friday we had a relaxing day, excluding dad and the groom. They were driving around Dallas trying to navigate to a few places getting lost along the way and didn't return until mid-afternoon. Poor guys! We were left stranded at the hotel as they had both sets of car keys. I had a special time with my Mom and Ben, Melissa, Maddie and Hudson during that time. It was great to meet and hold Hudson still in his newborn stage of life. The rehearsal went well and was most interesting with the Korean traditional wedding attire. You'll have to visit the Fisher's blog to see some better pictures from that night and of their whole family since I failed to get pictures of them and my parents. I was lost in the moment and am so sad I didn't get shots with any of them. Guess we'll have to wait for the photographer's pictures.

It was a beautiful and warm spring day on Saturday. Thankfully the high winds stayed away for the day. The service was beautiful and very God honoring. What a blessing to see all of my siblings loving and serving the Lord along such godly spouses. We are thrilled to welcome Michelle officially in to the family and are excited how God will use them now as one.

I left Sunday afternoon to return home to a very excited family and husband. I'll share more later on some happenings from their week and time spent with Munga, after I get some pictures from him. Enjoy the pictures!

The long awaited day went off without a single glitch



Melissa & Maddie

The wedding cake with a view of downtown Dallas

Isn't he the cutest kid ever?!


Only Emma is missing from this curly top photo of cousins.
As you can now see curls run in the family!

Hudson was either eating or sleeping the whole time.
Also a trend that runs in the family is big boys...Hudson is rising to the challenge already!

2 comments:

Ben and Melissa said...

Great pictures Noles....I can't believe it has already been a week since we were in Dallas together. There were some definite special memories from the wedding. We are so thankful that you were able to make the trip out....we miss you so much already! Love you lots!

Munga and Gramma said...

Thanks for posting the great pictures! So glad you could make it for that special time with your family. We love all of you!