Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Language Exam & Results

Yesterday I re-tested on two sections of the language proficiency exam that I did not pass a year ago. Over the past two months I have been back in language study and private lessons with Alessandra. Things have been going well and I know I am making progress although it seems sometimes intolerably slow for me. Language learning will be a life-long process for me so even when I officially graduate from the language program it in no way means that I have "arrived." Kind of like our walk with Christ, right? We never can say that we have "arrived" and have all the answers. Life is a continuous learning process and as long as we remain teachable and desirous of learning with a humble spirit, by His grace He will grow us and mature us in our faith.

I am happy to say that I did pass the listening and reading comprehension part of the test. The other section contained 8 parts, mostly getting tripped up on pronouns and prepositions. Prepositions are usually the hardest thing to get down for a foreign speaker. But like I said, with time these areas of weakness will improve. So I will once again have to retake this final section at some point between the summer and early fall. My goal is to complete the language program when Lori (language Advisor) returns from furlough in September. Then it's on to another type of school...driving school!!

Sorry I didn't let you know sooner of the exact test date. I came down with a horrible cold/flu over the weekend that Luca and I are still recovering from. I still cannot breathe or hear well but at least the sinus headaches have decreased and my energy level is returning to normal. Funny how the last time I took my exam I came down with the flu during the exam. Hopefully I'll be sickness free for the next round of testing as it definitely affects my clarity of thinking!

1 comment:

Munga and Gramma said...

So thankful you passed part of the test! Life (and language) is a lifelong process of growing and learning. We love you and pray for quick healing for you and Luca.

Love,
Mom and Dad Kleis