Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On The Other Side

We are approaching our two week marker of being back in the US.  Our flights all went well and thankfully the airline strike ended the day before our departure.  However, we were notified 48 hours prior to departing that our flight out of Milan was canceled.  They rebooked us but with a 7:58am departure instead.  Leaving your house at 4am versus 8am makes a big difference!  Out of the 24 hours of traveling time Samuel and Emma slept 2 hours and Luca 4.  We only had one major melt down from Luca in London, while Jonathan had to have a body scan.  Samuel was randomly selected for a full search there as well, but once we got on the plane it was all good. Apparently I forgot to pack my voice as it was lost for four days before returning to me.  Samuel was up all night on our third night back vomiting.  But thankfully the bug was not passed along to anyone else.

Enjoying all the goodies given by the flight attendant

Enough entertainment kept these two awake the entire flight

Konked out before take-off.  Luca slept the first 3 hours of the flight.

Our first week can be summed up in one word:  "RECOVERY".  The effects of jet lag were very much present this time around for everyone.  We enjoyed our 9 days with Munga and Gramma in Michigan.  Bike rides, pool time, bubbles, side walk chalk drawing etc. were enjoyed by the kiddos.  Jonathan and I got our first date in, had several doctor appointments and made the mental transition to furlough ministry.

A natural hoola-hooper!
Reading to Gramma

This past Saturday we hit the road.  We drove six hours down to Chardon, Ohio and the kids enjoyed some great pool time at the hotel after the long trip.  Sunday morning we ministered in the morning service at Chardon Baptist.  Jonathan gave our ministry update in Sunday school and then preached.  We had lunch with the pastor and his wife before driving 1.5 hours to Lagrange, Ohio to present at First Baptist in the evening.  After that we drove 2.5 hours to Cedarville where we will call "home" for two weeks.

A rare moment to have ALL 3 nap!

The two older kids are enjoying attending the VBS here in the mornings this week.  More on that later.  For now that's the brief summary of what we have been up to since touching down in America.  

1 comment:

Team Fish said...

Wow, sounds like you've been having a good time! Can't wait to see you soon! Love ya!