Friday, December 9, 2011

Vacation Days

The kids currently have a 4-day weekend due to the celebration of the Emmaculate Conception holiday on December 8th.  I've been trying to keep the kids busy with crafts and giving them special projects to work on.  The kids really want to help wrap Christmas presents, but that is just not an option considering all the gifts on hand are for them.  We found a compromise in which I would wrap the gifts in paper and they could help top them with bows and tags.  Luca and Emma enjoyed making pom-poms.    




I suggested to them a few days ago that they should work together to put on a Christmas play for us.  I told them to read Luke 2 and think of how they could retell the story.  After rest time yesterday I heard them still playing upstairs and moving chairs around.  I went up to investigae and this is what I found.


I could not help but laugh outloud!  They creatively solved the problem of making a manger out of chairs and the Batman-Jesus was just too much.  Samuel had his blanket wrapped around his shoulders declaring he was Caesar.  I just had to join them in the fun, so I stepped in and helped with costume design and this is what we came up with for Act 1.

Caesar Augustus


Mary

Joseph and Mary


Bed sheet, rosemary, scarfs, mamma's dress, dada's undershirt, scraps of fabric, head bands and paint mixing stick pulled off the convincing cast of characters.

That was yesterday and this is today...


Emma woke up at midnight vomitting.  She was running to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes all night.  She and I camped out on the couch with small short intervals of dozing.  At 5:30 Jonathan came to send me back to bed and continued the shift of insomnia.  The 3 of us are completely exhausted today.  The fatigue from lack of sleep is making us feel pretty whoosey.  The intestinal flu has been running it's course through the schools.  I should not be surprised Emma got sick considering two kids threw up in her class on Wednesday and at least one from Samuel's class went home sick too.  If we fall off the radar for a few days you can probably conclude we are enduring a cycle of the flu in our home.  Prayers for added strength and healing would be appreciated!

2 comments:

Munga and Gramma said...

Dear Memmies,

Munga and Gramma are praying that you will feel better soon! And that no one else will get the yuckies you have had. We love you.
Thank you for letting us see the pictures from your play. We are sure it was wonderful!

Love lots and lots,
Munga and Gramma

Pastor D said...

Guess I should have looked at this blog earlier so I could have prayed more. Sorry Emma was sick! No fun - but such nights make for blessed memories. (You have to wait for it... try 20 years or so.)

Hope everyone is feeling better by now and nobody else came down with it.

I was thinking of trying the batman Jesus thing in our upcoming Christmas program...