Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Just wanted to give a quick update on how things went at my language lesson this morning. First of all, thank you for your thoughts, encouragements and prayers. I wrote out my thoughts on Valentine's Day and how our demonstration of love for each other as human beings is conditional and imperfect, since we ourselves are imperfect. I then spoke about Christ's perfect demonstration of love for us on the cross using Romans 5:8. In a nutshell the message of the gospel was there and clear. Jonathan reviewed it for me and really helped to correct a lot of major errors so there wouldn't be alot of distraction to the message. When Alessandra asked about my assignment I pulled out my paper and was prepared to read it for her but she quickly grabbed it and said "okay, tell me." I protested slightly about wanting my paper but she refused and so I quickly proceeded praying all the way. I was so nervous! The strength and words came to express in brief what I wanted to say about the verse and it's message for us. She then read the paper and said that my oral explanation was clear and good and so was the written. I asked her what she thought and she said it was good and that she agreed with me. That was about it. Regardless, the message was stated and it was another opportunity to share with her on a deeper level. (By the way, she thought I needed to read a passage and then explain it during my final exam...I just need to read the passage. But that may be the reason why she gave me the assignment.)

Noella & Alessandra

No comments: