Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who is this girl?

The other day I was curling my hair and Emma came in and asked what I was doing.  I told her I was curling my hair so I could look like her.  She gazed at me for a few seconds and then said "Mamma, I don't like you with curly hair!"  I asked her why not and she said, "Because God made you with straight hair!"

So this morning, I was a little surprised when she asked if I could make her hair straight.  I asked her why she would want to do that when God made it curly and she just said, "Because I want straight hair today."  And she wanted two pig tails like another girl in her class, but I didn't have any more time to spend on her hair this morning.  So this is the end result and let me tell you it SO does not look like our little Emma.  Her hair is crazy long, huh?!

She was growing self conscious when I took this picture and was hiding her face from the camera when I tried to get a face shot.  I don't think she knew quite what to do with it as she had to keep flipping it behind her shoulders.  Her hair has yet to be flipped back over the shoulders when it is curly.  She is so funny.  Sundays are the only days she wants a braid in her hair.  I don't know why, maybe for the same reason she doesn't like to wear a dress apart from Sundays.  Here is another shot of her running away from the camera after she asked for two braids a few weeks back.  She is so not an attention seeker with her shy personality.




1 comment:

Munga and Gramma said...

I would never have known who the hair belonged to! Thanks for letting us see so much of their lives..it keeps us connected!

Love,
Munga and Gramma